China mirrors the former USSR
1. Politburo is a few men that tell everyone in the country what to do, then take credit for all successes and assign someone else blame for failures.
2. Research and development is most frequently borrowed from others.
3. The currency isn't traded on the open market; value is arbitrarily set by the Politburo.
4. A citizen can openly criticize the government of any where, except China.
5. History is what the Politburo says it is.
6. The economy is the exclusive property of the Politburo.
The only difference is that China has taken on a veneer of capitalism.